Blackboard Next Generation Upgrade Scheduled for May 2011
On May 30, 2011, Blackboard Next Generation (NG) will make its campus-wide debut at NIU. This will be the most significant upgrade of Blackboard since it was first introduced at NIU almost ten years ago. In addition to delivering a redesigned, updated interface, Blackboard NG will: simplify the process of creating and editing courses, facilitate classroom collaboration, allow for better organization of course materials and assignments, streamline the notification system of course updates, and allow you to customize the course to meet your needs.
<a href="http://www.niu.edu/facdev"The Faculty Development and Instructional Design Center has been busy preparing for the upgrade through a variety of testing and piloting projects, and we will soon be offering a wide range of training programs and resources to assist faculty and teaching assistants with the change.
New workshops for the spring and summer will include the following:
- Preview sessions prior to upgrade (online and F2F)
- Hands-on workshops for new users
- â€œTune-upâ€ workshops for experienced users
- â€œBlackboard Boot Campâ€ days of in-depth advanced sessions
- Open lab sessions every day of the first week of summer and fall semesters for individual assistance
Keep an eye out for additional Blackboard NG announcements and workshop schedules and registration details. Blackboard NG Preview sessions will be offered beginning in March.