You are invited to join faculty, teaching staff, administrators, instructional designers, librarians, and user support staff from institutions across the Midwest and around the country at the 10th annual SLATE Conference, Thursday, October 11, and Friday, October 12, at NIU-Naperville.
Nearly 60 sessions covering a wide variety of topics will be presented this year, including:
- The Flipped Classroom
- Learn Anytime, Anywhere: Designing Mobile-Friendly Courses
- Mastering the Minefield: Learning to Manage Change
- Addressing the Needs and Challenges Surrounding eTextbooks
- Keep It Short and Tweet: Best Practices for Teaching with Twitter
- Presenting Materials in an Online Class: Tools that Work for You
- Creating Engaging Courses with Digital Content in Blackboard
- Technologies That Meet the Diverse Learning Styles of Students
Earn continuing education credit
Participants who attend both days of the SLATE Conference are eligible to earn continuing education credit through Northern Illinois University in the amount of 11 Contact Hours.
Space is still available to register
Register by Sunday, September 30 for discounted individual registration rate of only $150 per person. Group registration discounts are available when registering three or more individuals at a time. NIU faculty and staff can register by check, P.O., or interdepartment journal transfer. See www.slategroup.org/conference/register for more details.
More information about the SLATE Conference is available at www.slategroup.org/conference.