If you are using Blackboard Collaborate for holding synchronous sessions online, it can automatically track attendance and send it to the Attendance tool in your Blackboard Course. No need to track attendance manually!
To get started, create a new Blackboard Collaborate session in your course. Sessions must have an end time for attendance tracking to work, so you cannot use attendance tracking with the default course room.
Students also must enter the session through the Blackboard Collaborate page in your course to be marked for attendance. If a student joins the session through a guest link, Blackboard cannot match that student with the course for attendance.
To Enable Attendance for a Collaborate Session
- Create or edit a session and click on the third tab of settings.
- Select the Share attendance information with LMS check box to turn attendance reporting on.
- Optionally, change the late, absent, and time is session thresholds.
- Late after: Attendees who join the session after the number of minutes entered are marked late. By default, attendees are late if they join 6-20 minutes after the scheduled start time.
- Absent after: Attendees who join the session after the number of minutes entered are marked late. By default, attendees are absent if they join the session 21 or more minutes after the scheduled start time.
- Required time in session: Attendees must be in the session for the percentage of time selected, or longer, to be marked present. By default, attendees must be in the session for at least half of the session running time to be marked present.
- Select Save.